As 2020 draws to a close, so does Swanson’s Discount Vacuum’s 75th year in business. To commemorate this milestone, we’ve compiled a list of 75 fun facts, snippets, and pieces of information about Swanson’s.
- 1. Next day service on most vacuum cleaner repairs.
- 2. Our in-store price match guarantee. We will match anyone – local, big box stores, online – even Amazon.
- 3. Our legendary “Wall of Bags.” That’s a lot of bags.
- 4. Miele’s HomeCare line of in-store only exclusive vacuums – you won’t find these anywhere online!
- 5. We have a wide variety of flooring to test vacuum cleaners on to simulate your flooring type.
- 6. Tackling a big job? Rent a Bissell carpet shampooer for 24 hours for only $29.95
- 7. We launched our new SwansonsVacuum.com in early 2020 to better serve and inform our loyal customers.
- 8. We have a MASSIVE warehouse with over 20,000 parts in stock.
- 9. We are the experts in sales and service. You won’t find this kind of service in the big box stores or online.
- 10. Our showroom has two Austin Air Systems air purifiers running during business hours.
- 11. We stock SEBO commercial vacuums with Hospital Grade S Class Filtration.
- 12. If design is important, we carry stylish cordless stick vacuums by Dyson, Miele & Simplicity
- 13.Move into a house with a central vac system? We sell, service and install Central Vac systems.
- 14.We are conveniently located on North 2nd Street in Machesney Park. We’re as close to Hwy 173 as we are downtown Rockford.
- 15. Our newly expanded showroom opened in October 2020 and nearly doubled the size of our showroom!
- 16. Familiar faces working the store, some with over 35 years of person service
- 17. We sell and service the wildly popular and lightweight Oreck vacuum cleaners.
- 18. We always have daily deals, specials, and closeouts going on – stop in often to find the best deals!
- 19. Zoie, our Australian Blue Heeler, is the friendliest store greeter you will find… if she’s not sleeping under the counter.
- 20. Doing some commercial cleaning? We have commercial grade equipment from CleanMax, SEBO, and Sanitaire.
- 21. Want to try out a commercial vacuum? No problem! We have commercial grade carpet (the same carpet used in the newly established Embassy Suites in downtown Rockford) to test the equipment on.
- 22. Want a streak free shine on your windows or stainless steel surfaces? We carry a full line of non-toxic, water only cleaning towels by e-Cloth.
- 23. Need a more potent cleaner for messy stains? We sell highly specialized chemicals designed for specific stains. Red wine remover? We got it. Animal urine stains? We got it.
- 24. We have every type of vacuum cleaner attachment you could imagine. For instance – we have six types of hard floor attachments alone!
- 25. We’re giving away our “Weekly Clean Routine.” It is a free downloadable planner for a cleaner home.
- 26. Is your old vacuum beyond repair? We proudly offer free vacuum cleaner recycling.
- 27. Like most businesses in 2020, we started selling face masks. But we only sell the highest quality. That’s right – KN95 grade face masks.
- 28. If you have hard floors, you need to try the Bissell CrossWave. This was perhaps our best selling vacuum/cleaner of 2020! It doesn’t just vacuum your floors but it also washes your floors at the same time.
- 29. Shopping small and shopping local has never been more meaningful in our 75 years than in 2020. We are so proud to be a small, locally owned business competing with the retail giants.
- 30. We teach our customers about their vacuum cleaners. We show them how to break them down, clean, repair, and maintain.
- 31. Sometime we take our demonstrations to the extreme. Did you see the video of Greg standing with his full body weight on a SEBO Automatic X4?
- 32. So many years later, customers still talk about our old TV commercials. Enjoy this Halloween themed Swanson’s Discount Vacuum commercial from 1997.
- 33. Quality Products. We pride ourselves on carrying the highest quality products. Take our vast selection of Miele vacuum cleaners for example. Engineered and manufactured in Germany, Miele is a symbol of state-of-the-art quality. They are designed to work better and last longer.
- 34. In 2020, we investigated the types of vacuum cleaners used in The White House. Fun fact, we sell all of them!
- 35. Going “back-to-school” this fall took on new meaning. The custodial staffs have become the VIP in a clean and sanitary school and we’re happy to sell and service the equipment used in many area schools.
- 36. We ship! If you can’t make it into our store, we ship bags, filters, and complete vacuum cleaners nationwide!
- 37. We sell a variety of vacuum cleaners Made in the U.S.A. From central vacs to Riccar, you can support American manufacturing jobs when shopping at Swanson’s Discount Vacuum.
- 38. The Rockford area experienced its share of lengthy power outages in 2020. While you might be left in the dark, cordless vacuums help you stay productive when the power goes out. Check out the new Miele Tri-Flex vacuum cleaners for extra power, function, and battery life.
- 39. Swanson’s has been in business longer than space exploration has existed. But we took a closer look in 2020 at the “out of this world technology” of space travel that has found its way into vacuum cleaners.
- 40. We’re suckers for vintage vacuum cleaners. We even have a super cool vintage Electrolux on display in our showroom.
- 41. Dirt attaches itself to the smallest nooks and crannies. Thats why we sell the attachments you need to eliminate that hidden dust under your refrigerator, on your ceiling fans, and elsewhere.
- 42. We recycled 384 pounds of vacuum cleaners and cords in 2020 alone!
- 43. Have hard to reach areas that need dusting? We have telescopic sheep’s wool wands that reach over 30’ high to clean ceiling fans, light fixtures, and more.
- 44. We have the best customers. Plain and simple.
- 45. Never break another belt. That’s what you get with Hall sensor technology on Riccar vacuums that automatically detects when you suck up a towel, rug, or shoelace, and disables the brush roll.
- 46. Take your shampooer rental to the next level with an optional handheld wand for the Bissell Big Green commercial shampooer.
- 47. If you rent a Bissell Big Green commercial shampooer and decided you want to own one, we will apply the cost your rental toward the purchase of your own shampooer!
- 48. We deep thinkers. Consider this. When you clean your vacuum cleaner, you yourself become a vacuum cleaner.
- 49. Our community means everything to us. We always look forward to “getting out” and seeing new faces at the Rockford Home Show every year.
- 50. Little gestures go a long way. When you buy a vacuum cleaner from us, we kindly carry it to your car!
- 51. Not comfortable leaving your car in 2020? Give us a phone call and we will bring your order to your car with curb service.
- 52. We offer free estimates on vacuum cleaner repairs. You are in the drivers seat at all times when it comes to repairing or not repairing your vacuum cleaner.
- 53. Vacuum cleaners are for more than just cleaning your floors. That’s why we sell a variety of handheld vacuums that are ideal for cars, counters, and more.
- 54. Are you aware of Simplicity brand vacuum cleaners? They are stylish, high quality, and won’t break the bank. As you might guess, we proudly sell Simplicity!
- 55. We are in no hurry. We realize that the vacuum cleaner you buy might last you the next 10-20 years. We take our time helping you through the decision making process to find the right vacuum that will last for the next decade and beyond.
- 56. Not all replacement parts are made the same. Find a part, bag, or filter online at a “too good to be true” price? There’s a likelihood that the part is incorrect. Using misfitting parts can do more harm to your vacuum. We use the best parts, leaving no mystery whether it will work.
- 57. Although infrequent, it’s not unheard of for us to drop off your vacuum to your door!
- 58. We are a second generation family owned business. While our family didn’t start Swanson’s, we have been stewards of this great business for two generations now.
- 59. No other store in the area has a wider selection of vacuum cleaners. Some stores might have an aisle or two of vacuum cleaners. We are an entire store!
- 60. Shopping for your next vacuum at the big box stores? Good luck getting expert support.
- 61. We carry the same brands (Dyson, Shark, Bissell, etc…) at the same (or better) prices as the big box stores.
- 62. We also carry the most high end brands (Miele, Riccar, SEBO, etc…) on the market that you won’t find anywhere else locally.
- 63. We have a sense of humor. See for yourself on our Facebook page @SwansonsVacuum.
- 64. Remember when you would go into a store and see a familiar face? That’s what you get at Swanson’s. The same familiar and friendly faces have been serving our customers for years.
- 65. Every customer’s cleaning needs are as unique as they are. From animals to kids, empty nesters to newlyweds, and everyone in between. We get to know our customers on a personal level to identify the right vacuum for their lifestyle.
- 66. Education is important. The more informed the customer, the higher their satisfaction with their purchase. That’s why we go the extra mile to teach our customers about the vacuum cleaners and how they work.
- 67. Take a glance at our customer reviews. Whether on Facebook or Google, our customers are frequently raving about Swanson’s Discount Vacuum. Don’t take our word for it – read their words!
- 68. The average home has between 3-4 vacuum cleaners. Whether you’re looking for a vacuum cleaner to “check all of the boxes” or you need a specific vacuum for a specific use, we are sure to have what you need.
- 69. No waiting around for parts. There’s never an ideal time for your vacuum to break down. Because we have over 20,000 parts in-stock, we can have your vacuum up and running quicker than anyone. We don’t wait for parts to arrive so you don’t wait for your repairs to be finished.
- 70. We genuinely care about the work we do. A vacuum cleaner can be a big purchase that lasts 10-15 years. It’s our responsibility to help our customers over the long term.
- 71. You can find us (almost) everywhere online. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and more. We also have an informative newsletter where we share informative videos demonstrating the products we sell.
- 72. Swanson’s is a Rockford staple. From the late stages of World War II, the first Super Bowl, the moon landing, the fall of the Berlin Wall and the advent of smartphones, we have been around for all of these milestone moments in history. All the while, generations of families in the Rockford area have turned to Swanson’s for their home care needs.
- 73. Convenience. Yes, it’s easy to click “buy” on an internet vacuum and wait a few days for shipping. (Yes, we also sell online too). But there’s no greater convenience than picking your new purchase up at the store and stocking up necessary supplies.
- 74. On a budget? We don’t have the word “Discount” in our name for no reason. We have great deals and specials on a daily basis.
- 75. We’ve been here for 75-years and we still approach everyday like we’re just getting started!
Depending on when you last visited Swanson’s Discount Vacuum in Machesney Park, Illinois, you might be surprised to see our newly expanded showroom is now open. Watch the video below for a virtual tour with Brent Rutherford.
With this expansion we have nearly doubled the size of our showroom. Customers now enjoy a larger space with an even wider variety of real world flooring types to try-out a variety of vacuum cleaners to find the right vacuum for their specific needs.
No other store in the Rockford area stocks, sells and services as many vacuum cleaners as Swanson’s Discount Vacuum. We proudly sell vacuum cleaners, parts, and accessories for Beam, Bissell, CleanMax, Dyson, Electrolux, Eureka, Hoover, Miele, Oreck, Riccar, Sanitaire, SEBO, and Simplicity. We have over 20,000 parts in stock. These parts include the bags, filters, and belts that you need to keep your vacuum running.
More Than Just Vacuum Cleaners at Swanson’s Discount Vacuum
A true whole home cleaning source, we sell products that clean not only every surface in your home but also the air that you breathe!
If allergies are a problem, Swanson’s stocks the highly sought after Austin Air Systems air purifiers.
Streak Free Surface Cleaning
From glass to stainless steel, we carry a full selection of non-toxic e-Cloth towels for a streak free shine. These towels are specially designed for optimal cleaning with only the use of water and no harsh chemicals!
But if chemicals are something you need to truly disinfect a surface, we have that as well. We also sell chemicals for specialty stain removal ranging from red wine to animal urine.
When tackling a big carpet or upholstery cleaning job, consider renting a Bissell Big Green Machine carpet shampooer. Shampooer rentals come pre-cleaned and ready-to-go with a complimentary 1 quart bottle of shampoo. A shampooer only costs $29.95 for a 24-hour rental period.
Visit Swanson’s Discount Vacuum
Swanson’s Discount Vacuum is located at 7507 N Second Street, Machesney Park, IL 61115. We are open Monday-Saturday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Our phone number is 815-282-2882.