The HomeCare version of the C3 is Miele’s full-size machine. It’s serves as Miele’s flagship and this particular model is a Swanson’s favorite, primarily because it allows you to customize it and buy it the way you want it.
The machine itself is going to come as the C3 body. You get all the upholstery, dusting, and crevice tools and attachments that are securely stored in the trunk. They’re not going to fall off if you’re carrying up the steps or when in use. You also get Miele’s flexible crevice tool, normally an optional attachment that comes packed in the box, as well as their universal brush which is ideal for woodwork, blinds and ceiling fans. It turns in different angles so it makes it especially easy easy to clean crown moldings. These are conveniently packed in the box, which are normally optional tools.
You have an electric hose electric wand and Miele’s best hard floor tool which is a combination tool.
Power Head Options
With the HomeCare version of the Miele C3, the vacuum does not come packed with a power head. Instead, we let you select the power head that’s best for you.
The 217 power head is recommended for people that have very little carpet – primarily low cut, if any. The brushroll height is non-adjustable, so it’s a very gentle, non-aggressive brush.
The 228 power head is one of the most popular heads. This comes standard with a lot of Miele’s machines, for instance, the Cat and Dog version of the C3, and the Kona version of the C3 to name a few. With the 228 power head, we now have five height adjustments and handle release levers. This is an all around very good head.
Miele’s best head is the 236 power head. This head still gives us the five height adjustments, providing a very aggressive brushing system. With the 236, we now have an LED headlight system, so if you’re going underneath furniture or under the bed, it will illuminate any dark spaces. The 236 head also has a power switch, so when you lower the handle to vacuum it’s going to turn the head on. Likewise, when you raise the handle, it will shut the head off.
Again, with the Miele C3 HomeCare, it’s all about customizing the vacuum to suit your needs. There is about a $40-50 difference between each power head. So if you have really light cleaning with very little carpet, you may select the 217 power head. And if you have heavier carpet, frieze, a shaggier carpet, or ultra plush carpets which are super super dense, the adjustable power heads – either the 228 or the 236 – are what’s really going to be needed for that style of carpet. The lower profile of the 236 power head is desired if you’re going underneath furniture. The levers on the 228 stick up a little bit higher than the contoured levers on the 236, giving you a little lower profile.
In the showroom at Swanson’s, we’re selling more of the 236 power head with the 228 coming in second. We sell a few of the 217’s but not a lot. Just remember there’s only a $40-50 cost differential as you take the next step up.
Miele’s products offer some of the best filtration on the market. It is a sealed HEPA unit, which means when the dirt comes into this vacuum cleaner, it’s going into a HEPA bag system. There is a safety filter behind the bag system and then the air is circulated and put through a HEPA system that’s sealed to the machine. So when you put all of these components together and shut the lid, the air that’s coming out of this vacuum is HEPA clean. There are very few vacuum cleaners on the market that achieve that level of HEPA filtration. Most vacuums today have a HEPA filter but not all the air is being directed through, often times leaking in other spots. So for a person that does have allergies and is concerned about mold, spores, viruses and these types of things, at least whatever you’re picking up and filtering through this machine will come out 99.9% clean.
Adjustable Motor Speed
When you turn the main on or off switch for the vacuum cleaner, you’re going to notice the illumination of the motor speed indicator lights. Here, you’re able to change the speed of the motor so we can have a very gentle suction if we’re cleaning something delicate, such as drapes. Or we can turn the motor speed up for maximum power of the machine. Most people are going to want the most suction power they can have, but in some cases, depending on what you’re cleaning, it might not handle all of the power, so you have the ability to control it.
Clean the Hard to Reach Spots
A canister vacuum is about the only machine you can buy on the market that is going to allow you to clean everything in the house. When you connect your hose to the machine, your power plan is active so you can do attachment cleaning of stairs, furniture and edges. Any of your tools are going to fit directly on the handle, so if we wanted to clean between the fridge and the counter cabinets, dryer vents or heating ducts. Going one step further, you can put your telescopic extension pipe on any of your attachments. This is ideal if we wanted to clean a 10-foot ceiling. You may choose to use the universal brush, which now you can easily reach the 10-foot ceilings with the vacuum safely still on the floor. I have reach to go and have a soft natural bristle brush that is going to dust ceiling fans, cabinetry, and crown molding.
The Best Hard Floor Tool
If we’re cleaning hard floors or just say a small area rug, the floor tool is what we would use. The suction is channeled into a very tight area, so even something as heavy as a coin will be picked up off the floor. The bristles around the nozzle are going to give you a dusting action, and agitate the surface if something is a little more stuck to the floor, you can stir that dust up and allow it to channel into the suction. These suction vents go all the way out to the edge so even if you have dog hair up against the baseboards, it’s going to pull it right in with no problem.
On the top of this nozzle, we have a lever that retracts the bristle. So if we wanted to clean a small area rug or an entry mat, we can simply go from our hard floor setting right to our low cut carpet setting. There’s no agitation but you have a tremendous amount of suction that’s being channeled directly to the floor. For uh certain types of mats or rugs, this may actually work better than the electric power head.
One of the biggest obstacles for people with a canister vacuum and the number one concern we hear, is they don’t want something to pull behind them. The unique feature of a Miele is that all of its wheels swivel. So no matter where you’re at, the vacuum can react without tipping over. Most canister vacuums have big back wheels and then a swivel in the front, which means if you go to move them, you may cause the machine to tip over. That is simply not the case with the all-wheel swivel of the Miele C3.
LED Headlight & Indicator
When we turn the vacuum on, the 236 power head is going to come on when we lower the nozzle so you see the led headlights. It also has an indicator here on the top which is a reset switch so if you picked up a sock or edge of a throw rug, that light instead of being yellow is going to illuminate red and it’s going to stop the power head. You then have to remove whatever object you’ve got caught, and just push the the button that’s illuminated and that will reset the head
German Engineering & Attention to Detail
With Miele and the other German companies, everything is highly engineered. So your hose system swivels 360-degrees and you also have a pivot swivel which allows you maximum control with less hand movement.
The wands are stainless steel and they adjust to the height that’s comfortable for you. You may not think that you’ll use it on it’s tallest setting, but if you needed to go farther underneath the bed, you’ll be able to extend it out and reach easily under a queen-size bed from one side. The telescopic wand slides very, very easy with the push a small button back on the back of the wand.
The Germans touch everything from your dusting brush, which looks like a normal dusting brush, but has natural bristles so it’s furniture safe and this tool also turns and creates angles so that you can get the full surface of the brush onto whatever surface you’re cleaning.
Quality & HomeCare Exclusive Warranty
Quality is second to none on the Miele C3 HomeCare machine. They warranty the body, in the housing, and the motor of this machine for 10 years. The entire vacuum cleaner, from the wand, the cord retractor, the hose, all carries a five-year warranty. This is only available on the HomeCare series of vacuums for Miele. The HomeCare series of vacuums are only sold through warranty stations like Swanson’s Discount Vacuum. It’s simply the best that Miele makes. By having the choice of power heads and being able to build the vacuum cleaner the way you want, it’s been our best seller the last couple years. Depending on how you set it up, the estimated in-store only price ranges anywhere from only $849-937.* That is the Swanson’s price and that’s strictly depending on whether you buy the small nozzle the medium nozzle or Miele’s best nozzle.
Go for a Test Drive
We have these units in stock at Swanson’s Discount Vacuum. We are located at 7507 North Second Street in Machesney Park, Illinois. Our hours currently are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. Stop in and take the Miele C3 HomeCare for a test drive.
*Price is current as of December 2020 but may vary overtime.
SPOILER ALERT: OUR PRICE WAS $70 BELOW AMAZON IN THIS STORY!
We commonly talk about our “price match guarantee” but we seldom talk about “The Swanson’s Price.”
When you step into our showroom, it’s not uncommon to find vacuum cleaners with better prices than the online stores. These are prices that are too low for print or online publication. These are what we call “The Swanson’s Price.”
Somewhere over the last 10-15 years, Amazon and other online retailers have come to be viewed as the gold standard. Customers always request the “Amazon price” or to have it delivered as quickly as “Prime shipping.”
But as Brent points on in this story, Amazon is not always the standard. In fact, local customers will come to discover that Swanson’s has a distinct advantage over the online retailers.
Take the story about this SEBO Automatic X4 as an example. Over the telephone, a customer confirmed that we had the vacuum he was looking for in-stock and confirmed that we would “match Amazon’s price.” Upon arrival to the showroom, his jaw dropped to discover “The Swanson’s Price” was $70 below that of Amazon! After a little fun and joking about matching Amazon’s price, the customer proudly took home his SEBO vacuum at “The Swanson’s Price.”
What’s more, Amazon could not ship the SEBO X4 for 5-7 business days. This customer, from phone call, to showroom, to transaction, had his SEBO vacuum from Swanson’s in about 90 minutes time.
Let this be a lesson to not settle for what you find online. But dig a little deeper locally, and you might be surprised how much time and money you can save.
At a time when the supply chain crisis is headline news, shopping becomes an increasing challenge by the day. Because everyone feels the pinch of bare shelves and limited availability, we thought it was important to give our customers an idea of how Swanson’s Discount Vacuum overcomes these challenges to supply our store at 7507 N Second Street in Machesney Park, Illinois.
Our Massive Warehouse
Our warehouse measures about a half a city block in length. As freight comes in, products are organized, inputted into our system, and then we distribute every morning, six days a week to our store on North Second Street. Anything the store might need is readily available in our warehouse. We easily have over 20,000 parts and vacuums in-stock at all times.
How We Keep Products In-Stock
In today’s world, things are constantly on back order. Shoppers increasingly have a hard time buying a new car or ordering appliances for the house. These types of things are all back ordered – sometimes six months or longer.
We’ve seen this supply chain disruption starting in December of 2020. Because of that, we have heavily pre-ordered. That means the inventory in our warehouse is really inventory that will carry us through the next three months. So the orders that we place this week and next week are really for inventory that we’re going to need in four or five months from now.
Online Shoppers Increasingly Turn to Swanson’s
While Swanson’s Discount Vacuum is fortunate to have a vast selection of inventory in stock, that is not true everywhere. Frequently, we hear from customers who have tried to buy vacuums and supplies from other online retailers. In many cases, they discover the item they are looking for is not shippable, even through Amazon, for five to seven business days. Whereas if you walk in our store and we don’t have what you’re looking for on our showroom floor or shelf, chances are we will have it in-store by 10:00 am the next morning.
At Swanson’s Discount Vacuum we have very few things on backorder. If we don’t have what you’re looking for in the store, it’s likely in the warehouse, so we’re not experiencing the same back orders that a lot of customers are experiencing at other stores and websites. We have warehoused for many years but we have certainly adjusted our buying out even further now, so we have things in stock that you just can’t find anywhere else.
Central vacuum service and sales have been a central part of Swanson’s Discount Vacuum for almost 40 years. The experienced staff at Swanson’s can service basically every component on any central vacuum system. Regardless of the brand of central vacuum, we can either provide in-home service or you can bring it to us to repair in-store.
Central Vacuum Systems & Parts In-Stock
We readily stock every part and piece you will need for your central vacuum system such as pipe, tubing, and all the different types of fittings. We stock accessories including upholstery tools, crevice tools, hose socks (a cover which goes over the hose) and more. Attachments including individual hard floor tools, carpet tools, and rotary tools for doing your stairs and furniture are all available at Swanson’s. Another product we carry that is quickly growing in popularity are central vacuums with high capacity disposable bags – more on those later!
Central Vacuum Brands
With regards to brand, Swanson’s Discount Vacuum has been the sole Beam central vacuum dealer in the greater Rockford area for about 12 years. Swanson’s stocks four different models of Beam central vacuums, ranging from from small, clear up to gigantic. On display in our showroom is the latest edition Beam unit rated for about 7,500 square feet. We have a variety of tool kits to accompany your central vacuum system, regularly carrying four to five different types of tool kits ranging anywhere from about $200 up to about $700 in cost. We even carry speciality kits just for your garage as well as kits just for your hard floors that are under $200.
Made in America
The other brand of central vacuum that we carry at Swanson’s is the HP Element. HP is a company that is based in Canton, Ohio and their Element central vacuums are proudly assembled in the U.S.A. in Canton, Ohio. They are also one of the oldest central vacuum manufacturers, having started in the 1950s. At Swanson’s, we give you your choice as we have three versions of their machines in stock, from a mid-size unit clear up to a big unit.
Central Vacuum Dust Bags
One of the unique things with HP is they make the DB series, which is the dust bag series. Instead of your dirt going into a bucket that you’re later exposed to when the bucket comes off, with the DB series, the dirt is actually going into a giant HEPA bag system. The HEPA bag also has a pull tab, allowing you to seal closed the bag so that you’re not exposed to the dirt. When the bag is full, you just throw it away and replace it. You can fill these bags virtually full. For the average person, they will probably go through between two to three of these dust bags each year.
In a side-by-side comparison between the HP Element and the Beam, you can see how much larger the dirt bucket is for the HP versus a standard Beam dirt bucket. It’s about twice the size and when you consider that a bag is compacting, you make even better use of your capacity.
Central Vacuum Installation
We can intermingle anything from doing replacement units if your unit is just worn out to new construction and retrofitting into existing homes. Estimates are always free. If you know your square footage and the type of flooring you have, you can come by the store and talk about some equipment and actually give you a real firm price on what it would actually cost to install in an existing home or a new construction house.
Where We Service & Install Central Vacuums
That’s just a side of our business that a lot of people did not realize that we actually do. For us, we service all central vacuums and all portable vacuums and we’re doing it from everywhere from the Janesville and Madison, Wisconsin area, clear down to the Sterling and Rock Falls, Illinois area.
Swanson’s Discount Vacuum is open Monday-Saturday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT at 7507 N Second Street, Machesney Park, IL 61115. Or to schedule a house appointment, call us at 815-282-2882.
As 2020 draws to a close, so does Swanson’s Discount Vacuum’s 75th year in business. To commemorate this milestone, we’ve compiled a list of 75 fun facts, snippets, and pieces of information about Swanson’s.
1. Next day service on most vacuum cleaner repairs.
2. Our in-store price match guarantee. We will match anyone – local, big box stores, online – even Amazon.
3. Our legendary “Wall of Bags.” That’s a lot of bags.
4. Miele’s HomeCare line of in-store only exclusive vacuums – you won’t find these anywhere online!
5. We have a wide variety of flooring to test vacuum cleaners on to simulate your flooring type.
6. Tackling a big job? Rent a Bissell carpet shampooer for 24 hours for only $29.95
7. We launched our new SwansonsVacuum.com in early 2020 to better serve and inform our loyal customers.
8. We have a MASSIVE warehouse with over 20,000 parts in stock.
9. We are the experts in sales and service. You won’t find this kind of service in the big box stores or online.
10. Our showroom has two Austin Air Systems air purifiers running during business hours.
11. We stock SEBO commercial vacuums with Hospital Grade S Class Filtration.
12. If design is important, we carry stylish cordless stick vacuums by Dyson, Miele & Simplicity
13.Move into a house with a central vac system? We sell, service and install Central Vac systems.
27. Like most businesses in 2020, we started selling face masks. But we only sell the highest quality. That’s right – KN95 grade face masks.
28. If you have hard floors, you need to try the Bissell CrossWave. This was perhaps our best selling vacuum/cleaner of 2020! It doesn’t just vacuum your floors but it also washes your floors at the same time.
29. Shopping small and shopping local has never been more meaningful in our 75 years than in 2020. We are so proud to be a small, locally owned business competing with the retail giants.
30. We teach our customers about their vacuum cleaners. We show them how to break them down, clean, repair, and maintain.
31. Sometime we take our demonstrations to the extreme. Did you see the video of Greg standing with his full body weight on a SEBO Automatic X4?
33. Quality Products. We pride ourselves on carrying the highest quality products. Take our vast selection of Miele vacuum cleaners for example. Engineered and manufactured in Germany, Miele is a symbol of state-of-the-art quality. They are designed to work better and last longer.
35. Going “back-to-school” this fall took on new meaning. The custodial staffs have become the VIP in a clean and sanitary school and we’re happy to sell and service the equipment used in many area schools.
36. We ship! If you can’t make it into our store, we ship bags, filters, and complete vacuum cleaners nationwide!
37. We sell a variety of vacuum cleaners Made in the U.S.A. From central vacs to Riccar, you can support American manufacturing jobs when shopping at Swanson’s Discount Vacuum.
38. The Rockford area experienced its share of lengthy power outages in 2020. While you might be left in the dark, cordless vacuums help you stay productive when the power goes out. Check out the new Miele Tri-Flex vacuum cleaners for extra power, function, and battery life.
39. Swanson’s has been in business longer than space exploration has existed. But we took a closer look in 2020 at the “out of this world technology” of space travel that has found its way into vacuum cleaners.
40. We’re suckers for vintage vacuum cleaners. We even have a super cool vintage Electrolux on display in our showroom.
41. Dirt attaches itself to the smallest nooks and crannies. Thats why we sell the attachments you need to eliminate that hidden dust under your refrigerator, on your ceiling fans, and elsewhere.
42. We recycled 384 pounds of vacuum cleaners and cords in 2020 alone!
43. Have hard to reach areas that need dusting? We have telescopic sheep’s wool wands that reach over 30’ high to clean ceiling fans, light fixtures, and more.
44. We have the best customers. Plain and simple.
45. Never break another belt. That’s what you get with Hall sensor technology on Riccar vacuums that automatically detects when you suck up a towel, rug, or shoelace, and disables the brush roll.
46. Take your shampooer rental to the next level with an optional handheld wand for the Bissell Big Green commercial shampooer.
47. If you rent a Bissell Big Green commercial shampooer and decided you want to own one, we will apply the cost your rental toward the purchase of your own shampooer!
48. We deep thinkers. Consider this. When you clean your vacuum cleaner, you yourself become a vacuum cleaner.
49. Our community means everything to us. We always look forward to “getting out” and seeing new faces at the Rockford Home Show every year.
50. Little gestures go a long way. When you buy a vacuum cleaner from us, we kindly carry it to your car!
51. Not comfortable leaving your car in 2020? Give us a phone call and we will bring your order to your car with curb service.
52. We offer free estimates on vacuum cleaner repairs. You are in the drivers seat at all times when it comes to repairing or not repairing your vacuum cleaner.
53. Vacuum cleaners are for more than just cleaning your floors. That’s why we sell a variety of handheld vacuums that are ideal for cars, counters, and more.
54. Are you aware of Simplicity brand vacuum cleaners? They are stylish, high quality, and won’t break the bank. As you might guess, we proudly sell Simplicity!
55. We are in no hurry. We realize that the vacuum cleaner you buy might last you the next 10-20 years. We take our time helping you through the decision making process to find the right vacuum that will last for the next decade and beyond.
56. Not all replacement parts are made the same. Find a part, bag, or filter online at a “too good to be true” price? There’s a likelihood that the part is incorrect. Using misfitting parts can do more harm to your vacuum. We use the best parts, leaving no mystery whether it will work.
57. Although infrequent, it’s not unheard of for us to drop off your vacuum to your door!
58. We are a second generation family owned business. While our family didn’t start Swanson’s, we have been stewards of this great business for two generations now.
59. No other store in the area has a wider selection of vacuum cleaners. Some stores might have an aisle or two of vacuum cleaners. We are an entire store!
60. Shopping for your next vacuum at the big box stores? Good luck getting expert support.
61. We carry the same brands (Dyson, Shark, Bissell, etc…) at the same (or better) prices as the big box stores.
62. We also carry the most high end brands (Miele, Riccar, SEBO, etc…) on the market that you won’t find anywhere else locally.
63. We have a sense of humor. See for yourself on our Facebook page @SwansonsVacuum.
64. Remember when you would go into a store and see a familiar face? That’s what you get at Swanson’s. The same familiar and friendly faces have been serving our customers for years.
65. Every customer’s cleaning needs are as unique as they are. From animals to kids, empty nesters to newlyweds, and everyone in between. We get to know our customers on a personal level to identify the right vacuum for their lifestyle.
66. Education is important. The more informed the customer, the higher their satisfaction with their purchase. That’s why we go the extra mile to teach our customers about the vacuum cleaners and how they work.
67. Take a glance at our customer reviews. Whether on Facebook or Google, our customers are frequently raving about Swanson’s Discount Vacuum. Don’t take our word for it – read their words!
68. The average home has between 3-4 vacuum cleaners. Whether you’re looking for a vacuum cleaner to “check all of the boxes” or you need a specific vacuum for a specific use, we are sure to have what you need.
69. No waiting around for parts. There’s never an ideal time for your vacuum to break down. Because we have over 20,000 parts in-stock, we can have your vacuum up and running quicker than anyone. We don’t wait for parts to arrive so you don’t wait for your repairs to be finished.
70. We genuinely care about the work we do. A vacuum cleaner can be a big purchase that lasts 10-15 years. It’s our responsibility to help our customers over the long term.
71. You can find us (almost) everywhere online. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and more. We also have an informative newsletter where we share informative videos demonstrating the products we sell.
72. Swanson’s is a Rockford staple. From the late stages of World War II, the first Super Bowl, the moon landing, the fall of the Berlin Wall and the advent of smartphones, we have been around for all of these milestone moments in history. All the while, generations of families in the Rockford area have turned to Swanson’s for their home care needs.
73. Convenience. Yes, it’s easy to click “buy” on an internet vacuum and wait a few days for shipping. (Yes, we also sell online too). But there’s no greater convenience than picking your new purchase up at the store and stocking up necessary supplies.
74. On a budget? We don’t have the word “Discount” in our name for no reason. We have great deals and specials on a daily basis.
75. We’ve been here for 75-years and we still approach everyday like we’re just getting started!